This is the most decadent, rich, creamy, delicious cake I have ever made! Therefore, it was not very hard to decide which cake I wanted to make for my birthday this year, and it was sooooo good! It starts with the crust made with salted & caramelized hazelnuts. Followed by my favorite fruit; delicious raspberry coulis. And then the base, you will not believe this creamy rich base is completely vegan and plantbased, made with soaked cashews. The recipe is not the easiest recipe and it requires some planning, but it will all be worth it, trust me! If you have any questions or any problems when making this cake just send me a DM on Instagram so I can help you out!
The most delicious birthday cake!
Decadent Raspberry (no)Cheesecake
- Food processor and/or blender
- mixing bowls
- Non-stick pan
- Spring cakepan (18cm or 7inch) lined with baking paper
For the crust:
- 160 g rolled oats gluten free
- 80 gr hazelnuts
- 25 gr plantbased butter
- 40 gr brown sugar
- 80 gr medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
For the no cheese filling:
- 300 gr raw cashews 2 cups
- 90 gr coconut oil 1/2 cup – melted
- 80 ml lemon juice 1/3 cup
- 80 ml maple syrup 1/3 cup
- 80 ml water 1/3 cup
- 2 tbs vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 gr agar agar + 100 ml (1/3 cup) water
For the coulis:
- 125 gr raspberries 1 cup
- 50 ml water 1/4 cup
- 25 gr sugar 2,5 tbsp
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dark chocolate ganache drip 1 part dark chocolate with 1 part plantbased cream
- Eatable flowers
- Summer berries
- Chocolate flakes
- Preparations 1 day in advance:
- One day in advance soak the raw cashews in water overnight. If you forget soak the cashews for at least 2 hours in warm water.
- Soak the pitted medjool dates in warm water for about 1 hour.
- Carefully line your spring cakepan with baking paper, to make sure your cheesecake comes out looking pretty. I always cut out a circle to place on the bottom and a band to line the side. When you also use a baking spray this will “glue” your baking paper to the pan, leaving a smooth surface to make sure your cake comes out without creases.
- The crust:
- In a non-stick pan melt the butter and sugar and salt on medium heat. When all the butter is melted, and the sugar is liquified add the hazelnuts and bake them for a few minutes in the salted caramel. Be very careful not to let it burn, it needs only a few minutes before you have to take the pan of the heat! Transfer to a piece of baking paper and let it cool.
- Add all the ingredients for the crust into the food processor and process until you get a sticky crust like texture.
- Scoop the mixture into the spring cakepan and with a spoon/cup press into the pan until the crust is evenly spread out.
- Place the spring cakepan into the fridge for the crust to set.
- The coulis:
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. With a handheld blender (staafmixer) blend until smooth. Let it boil for about 10 minutes to thicken your coulis.
- Optional: sieve the coulis to extract the seeds.
- The (no)cheescake filling:
- Rinse the cashews and add all the ingredients for the (no)cheese filling (except the coconut oil) into a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend all the ingredients first before slowly adding the melted coconut oil while blending on medium speed. Keep blending until you get a creamy smooth texture, at least for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the agar agar with cold water and add this mixture to a saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil. Let it boil for 4-5minutes. Take the pan of the heat and let it cool. Add the (no)cheese filling to the lukewarm agar agar.
- Careful: always add cold to hot NOT hot to cold! Please check the instructions before using the agar agar.
- Take the cakepan out of the fridge, add a layer of raspberry coulis before adding the (no)cheese filling. Even out the surface with a spoon and by tapping the cakepan to take out any air bubbles.
- Return the spring cakepan to the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Right before serving remove the spring cakepan and decorate with different toppings to your liking.
- Chocolate ganache drip:
- heat (in the microwave) 100 ml (plantbased) cream just before boiling, pour over the dark chocolate chips and stir well until all the chocolate chips are melted.
- Let it cool for a little bit, check with a spoon when the ganache is ready to "drip".
- Carefully using a piping bag (or spoon) drip the ganache along the side of the cake, finish with fresh raspberries.
- Xoxo Jenneke