I absolute love smoothies! They are quick and easy to make, super healthy and so delicious. To me they are the perfect breakfast! But did you know that smoothies are also a great way to add more veggies into your diet? Or what about your children’s diet? They will never know that with this delicious smoothie bowl they also consumer half of their daily intake of vegetables! You should definitely try this, and because I am using frozen veggies and fruits you do not need to go to the market to get fresh produce. I always make sure I stock my fridge with banana slices, different fruits like mango, blueberries, raspberries and more. Plus, I always have veggies in my freezer: green peas, spinach, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. This is a budget friendly and sustainable way to get to your daily recommended vegetables intake. Who ever said that it is hard to eat enough veggies everyday…;-)
Protein powder, yes or no?
Because I am a #fitgirl and I workout almost every day I always make sure I eat enough protein. For me that comes down to minimum 100gr of plantbased protein per day minimum. Therefore, I also always add 1 scoop of plantbased protein to my smoothie. This is of course optional. If you consume a varied and healthy diet, plantbased or not, you do not need to consume extra protein in the form of a protein shake. This is only for certain reasons like wanting to build strength and muscle mass or help with losing weight.
Let’s talk toppings!
Of course, every good smoothie bowl needs the best toppings. My top toppings for this smoothie bowl are:
- Berries (for example frozen blueberries or raspberries)
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Pumpkin seeds
- Grated coconut
- Nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, etc)
Super Green Veggie Smoothie
- Blender or foodprocessor
- 2 smoothie bowls
- 100 gr frozen banana 1 cup
- 100 gr frozen mango 1 cup
- 50 gr frozen cauliflower 1/2 cup
- 75 gr frozen spinach 3/4 cup
- 200/300 ml almond milk or more
- 30 gr soy/plantbased protein powder optional
- Toppings! Here I added blueberries, banana, hempseeds, flaxseeds, grated coconut and walnuts
- Add all the ingredients (except the toppings) to a blender and blend until smooth. Add extra plantbased milk if its too thick.
- Add to 2 smoothie bowls, decorate with toppings, all done!