The BEST plantbased chocolate chip cookies!
No these cookies are most definitely not considered “healthy” and therefore I have seriously contemplated adding these to my website. However, because they just are SO good and because life is all about balance I decided to share them anyway! So here they are, the best plantbased vegan chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Oreo’s and peanut butter. Yes people they are real, they are vegan and they are just simply DEVINE! The recipe is also pretty easy so run to your kitchen right now and go make them! There are a few tips & tricks that you need to know about these cookies so do check my website for all the details to make this cookies the best cookies you have ever eaten! Enjoy!
Cookies stuffed with lot’s of goodieness!
This cookie recipe is the perfect basic recipe which you can use to make any variation you want! Here I have added oreo’s and peanut butter to the center of the cookie (see photo) but the options are endless of course! You can choose any (vegan) cookie, nut butter, vegan chocolate paste like vegan Nutella, marshmallow’s, pretzels, anything you want! You can also choose the never boring combination of chocolate chips and nuts. Add for example hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc. Just be creative!
Baking tips & tricks
There are a few tips and tricks that are very important to follow when you bake these cookies to make them perfect:
- Do not overbeat the butter & sugar mixture, only until everything is well incorporated.
- Try to keep the dough as airy and chunky as possible
- KEY TRICK: when you have prepared the cookies place them in the freezer for at least 90minutes or better overnight, before baking the. This will prevent the cookies from flattening too much.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/390F and pre-heat the oven tray as well. Only when the oven is at the right temperature add the cookies to the oven tray, close the oven immediately, turn down the heat to 190C/375F and bake the cookies for 14 minutes.
- After baking, take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool (on a cold surface, not on the oven tray) for 30 minutes. The cookies are best when super fresh!
The biggest benefit of needing to freeze the cookies is – in my opinion – that you can just prepare one big batch of the cookies and then only take out 1 cookie to bake per day/whenever you want them. This way the cookies are always super fresh and you will not be tempted to eat all the 10 cookies at once….;-)
Vegan Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Free standing or handheld mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen scales
- Baking try lined with baking paper
- ½ cup 120 gr vegan butter
- ¼ cup 50 gr white sugar
- ¾ cup 150 gr brown sugar
- ¼ cup 60 ml almond milk
- 2 cups 280 gr white flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 gr chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 5 Oreo’s
- 80 gr nuts optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/390F including the oven tray you will use to bake the cookies.
- Add the butter and sugar to a free standing mixer (or hand mixer) and mix until it is well incorporated.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well incorporated
- Sieve the flour and add including the salt and baking powder and mix well, do not overbeat.
- Add the chocolate chips (and optional the nuts) to the mixture and stir well.
- Now make 10 even batches of dough by measuring them, one cookies will 70/75 grams.
- With your (cold) hands for a ball and then flatten the dough (see photo) add the stuffing (Oreo, peanut butter, etc) and with your hands carefully close the dough to trap the stuffing inside of the ball.
- Place the cookies dough balls into the freezer for a minimum of 90 minutes.
- When the oven is on the right temperature (important!!) place a number of cookies on the (hot) oven tray, immediately close the oven again and bring the temperature down to 190C/375F.
- Bake the cookies for 14 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and slide the parchment paper from the hot oven tray unto a cold surface.
- NOTE: The cookies will still be soft when you take the out of the oven, this is normal. The cookies will get crunchy when they cool down.
- Leave the cookies to cool down for 30 minutes.
- Serving tip: serve immediately with a cold glass of plantbased milk!